Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Welcome Aboard!!!

My husband and I as well as a few of our closest friends absolutely LOVE to travel. In fact, it is my true passion! I am new at blogging but hope to provide a somewhat informative blog about all the far away lands that I have researched and hope to someday travel too. I have been as avid a traveler as my work schedule as an accountant would allow for the last few years.

You may be asking how I became so interested in traveling. The story goes something like this…It was December of 2000 and all my high school friends started looking into which resort they planned to stay at while having the Spring Break of their lives which I assumed I would accompany them too; little did I know, my mom (French teacher at our town’s local high school) had other plans for me that Spring Break. She had just started planning a European trip for high school students that would last ten days and would span the length of the upcoming holiday to France and England. I wouldn’t say that I was popular in high school, but I definitely had a defined group of friends whom I was always with, none of which planned to go to Europe. I begged and pleaded to not have to go to Europe. I mean everyone knows the shopping is just “miserable” in Europe. Why would anyone want to see the Eiffel Tower or the London Bridge? Shortly I discovered that I was not in control of the situation and that I was Europe bound. It was one of the first times in my life where I went somewhere relatively alone. Needless to say it turned out fabulously and sparked my love for travel which I still have today.

If at any point through our travels you have questions or comments, please feel free to respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment